August 17, 2011

Personal Writing: INDEPENDENCE DAY OF INDONESIA

August, 17th

Today is the independence day of the country where I’ve been stayed since 18 yrs ago. Indonesia. An archipelago country in South East Asia. Indonesia has so many natural resources but yeah, not the human resources. Well, we’re famous with that statement. But it’s been 66 yrs, don’t we want to change the statement? Don’t we tired of listening to it? Don’t we?
Well, not easy to invite all the people here to change. Back up to the 66 yrs ago! Take a breath is even very difficult before the August 17, 1945. We had no choice except involving ourselves in mass torture committed by the invaders. Look now, even it’s us who take over what invaders did, colonizing nations themselves.
I’m not in the middle of a independence day speech like what Mr President always do every yrs. I am just, well, trying to give my opinion on my own beloved country. I love Indonesia and I want it to change. Been 66 yrs ago and it’s still few of the things improved. The moral? I don’t have to say anything, you’ve seen.
Today, I pray to Allah. May Indonesia always stands still, keep growing, improving, and realizing that we are very rich in nature so we have to do a little more big step to give a change to this beautiful country. I know You love this country, You just want us to change ourselves 1st before You ‘change’ it.
So today, with all the love inside my heart, I say Happy Independence Day to you, Indonesia. I believe we can!

0 comments:

Post a Comment