January 3, 2016

Sunday Special: Book&Song #1 with Aflame by Penelope Douglas


Let's Say It's a... Book&Song! is one of new features here in my blog. Inspired by my habit of interpreting (too much) on any song-lyric and matching it with any story come across in my mind, LSIa-Book&Song! is a weekly feature where I match book(s) with song(s) that make perfect fit!
This is actually my most favorite feature of all 'cause God knows how much I love books and music! Like what the note said above, I will match a book to a song that I think perfectly suits the whole story. In this very first post, I will go with one of my favorite books on NA genre (since, honestly, it's much easier to get an idea from this genre). Book that I will find its song-match today is:



The tables have turned. Now I have the power—and it’s his turn to beg…
Everyone wants to be me.
Maybe it’s the sway of my skirt or the way I flip my hair, but I don’t care. Even though their attention is the last thing I crave, I just can’t stop. I dominate the track, the speed rattles my bones, and the wind and the crowd screams my name.
I’m her. The girl driver. The queen of the race. And I’m surviving—something he thought I’d never do.
They all still talk about him. Did you see Jared Trent on T.V? What did you think of his last race, Tate? When is he coming back to town, Tate?
But I refuse to care too much. Because when Jared does come home, I won’t be here.
Tatum Brandt is gone. I’m someone new.


YEP! It's Aflame from Fall Away series by Penelope Douglas. It's my #1 favorite book from the series, which also made it to my Top 2015 Reads! I really love the couple, Jared and Tate with all the ups and downs between them. Used to be childhood best-friends, growing up became nemesis-for-life, then ended up with being lovers. I loved the dynamic of their relationship! And though I felt a little indifferent to Jared on Bully, Penelope succeeded in making me fall for him in this book. Ahh.. talking about it makes me want to reread this book again soon! >.<

Anyway, what song I would match this amazing book with?
Well, it should be what songs. Yes, I have two songs that I think perfectly suits Aflame. Both are from the same singer, even same album, and of course, both are my favorites! What are they? 


  

Go Sam Hunt, go! Sam Hunt Go!
He he, I really love this guy. His voice is so good! It makes me oh-so-melting every time I listen to him. Both songs above are from his album Montevallo and oh boy... these songs just perfectly fit Aflame plot! 

First reason,
Aflame starts with Jared and Tate caught up in bad circumstance that caused them to go separate ways. Jared made a quite fatal mistake and Tate, being Tate, had enough of it and decided to make the table turns. Tate is a badass heroine and girl like her is not one for crying over stupid (sorry, but Jared was that at first) boyfriend. There are scenes of them that perfectly captured by Break Up In A Small Town. I'm not going to say more but if you read the lyric, I could exactly imagine how Jared felt so frustrated seeing Tate, from afar, with the other... I actually laughed when I listened to this song because it's just so them! 
And the second song exactly portrays the second-half of the book! Jared, the sexy, rough, far-from-sweet, and badboy material had to give up his badass label to win Tate's heart back. How it went? Make You Miss Me is exactly how I imagine what's on Jared's mind the entire time he conducted his mission about Tate.
I ain't gonna be that easy to leave
and 
Girl, I'm gonna make you miss me
are so Jared; so full of himself but I'm not even complaining...

Also,
You're cold and hot
You burn out like a match
these lines are perfect descriptions of Tate!

Second reason,
I don't know but everytime I listen to Sam Hunt's song, it would always bring me to scenes on New Adult books. Maybe it's because his songs seems to always revolve around college life's romance (my opinion), like his Cop Car song which narrates certain scene that often being used on NA books.

Third reason,
I don't know about you, but for me Sam Hunt is Jared Trent. You know, built muscled body, sharp jaw, toned abs, seemingly-bad-boy but actually possesses a really sweet heart... He's a real life NA hero and isn't he also definitely a boyfriend material? 

***

That is our first edition of LSIa... Book&Song feature! I hope you enjoy it and agree with my book-song match today. But if you have another song that fits the book better in your mind, I'd be more than thrilled to hear from you! Bye now! :)


0 comments:

Post a Comment