January 1, 2016

TBR January


Let's Say It's a... TBR! is one of new features here in my blog. This monthly feature would be about the list of books that I wish, I would read this month. I know I'm not big of reading based on a list but I realize it would help me narrowing down the amount of my only-God-knows-how-many books on my lifetime TBR. I might stray once or twice along the way but well, that's why I said, let's say it's a TBR! *grinning*

This January I have EIGHT books that I plan to read! It's a big number for me but I'm sure I'll tackle the list *sayonara, sleep*  Anyway, they're all the books that I've been eyeing for weeks so I'm really excited for my first TBR this year! Here they are:

THE GIRLFRIEND REQUEST

Author: Jodie Andrefski
Pub. Date: January 11, 2016
Genre: YA (contemporary)
ADD TO GR

Got this ARC through Netgalley, yay! The blurb is super cute! A girl falls for the boy next door but rather than admitting her feeling out loud, she creates a fake facebook account and befriend the boy as the other girl. Turns out the boy is secretly in love with her too. But the highlight here is... well, the boy already knows that the other girl is his very neighbor.

TEN THOUSAND SKIES ABOVE YOU (FIREBIRD, #2)

Author: Claudia Gray
Pub. Date: November 3, 2015
Genre: YA (sci-fi) 
ADD TO GR

Again, super gorgeous cover from Firebird series!! Thought the first book is the most beautiful cover I've ever known... then the sequel comes out and I am like "HOLY...."
So excited of meeting Paul again! And traveling through dimension from New York to Paris sounds like heaven for me! 

HAUNTED LOVE

Author: Jessica Frances
Pub. Date: February 23, 2015
Genre: NA (paranormal) 

Jessica writes a very gripping sci-fi trilogy: The Invasion. I want to experience such beautiful romance again through her writing and this paranormal read sounds promising! The girl is a ghost while the guy is the detective who works on the girl's murder case. I've read the excerpt and it's so intriguing! And this last sentence on the blurb:
"Because love is rarely anything but trouble and I know this love will haunt me forever." 
Well, aren't you intrigued?

HAWTHORNE AND HEATHCLIFF

Author: R.K. Ryals
Pub. Date: August 2, 2015
Genre: YA (contemporary)
ADD TO GR

It seems like everyone who read it, loved it. And with such enchanting cover that breathes romance... I so hope to find a heartmelting love story in this book! Also the 'shoes' thingy that connects them! God...

ANY OTHER GIRL

Author: Rebecca Phillips
Pub. Date: January 26, 2016
Genre: YA (contemporary) 
ADD TO GR

Granted this ARC on Netgalley! The blurb smells love triangle, which usually I hate, but for some indescribable reason I couldn't skip this one. Also, Jessica Verdi says that this book is.. “A wise, heartfelt story about self-image, first love, and the burdens we carry for those most important to us. ...” Surely, we really couldn't skip this!

IN PLACE OF NEVER

Author: Julie Anne Lindsey
Pub. Date: February 2, 2016
Genre: YA (suspense)
ADD TO GR


I've started to build interest in suspense read since the past few months. Also I have weakness for sibling-issue reads so I was beyond excited when I was granted this ARC on Netgalley. Moreover there's a romance waiting somewhere between the mystery, yum, yum, yum, just count me in!

DID I MENTION I NEED YOU? (DIMILY, #2)

Author: Estelle Maskame
Pub. Date: March 1, 2016
Genre: YA (contemporary) 
ADD TO GR

I just finished the ARC of book one last month and the cliffhanger got me arghsdgsfskhjsalhcxn! Thanks God I got the ARC of the sequel too! It's a story of forbidden love between a girl with her step-brother. And it's a trilogy, which I suspect this book two would end up in another major cliffhanger...*sigh*, but it's okay! I love me some cliffhangers! Once in a while, I need a reason to put my fist to work! *kidding* *or not*

YOU WERE HERE

Author: Cori McCarthy
Pub. Date: March 1, 2016
Genre: YA (contemporary)
ADD TO GR

Another ARC copy! Well isn't the cover beautiful? And the blurb seems like hiding a big mystery within! Honestly, I'm not really sure when I put this book as contemporary subgenre. The blurb sounds a bit like thriller and mystery but who knows? (Me!) I'll let you know once I finish it...

***

So, how about you? Do you usually have a TBR, too? Or is there any book from the list above that you plan to read as well? Feel free to let me know! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment