January 10, 2016

Weekend Rec: The Invasion Trilogy by Jessica Frances



Just like its name, Let's Say It's a... Book Rec! is a feature where I recommend book for your weekend read!
Here comes weekend again!
I was quite busy this week, tmth yet so little time to do it. I even had to give up posting two posts of my supposedly new blog features 'cause I really didn't get enough time to write (or type) it down... *sigh* But it's okay, I'm going to rearrange my blog posting schedule so it won't overlap my personal schedule. Anyway, for this weekend I'm going to recommend one of my favorite series from sci-fi genre. The plot is epic and I super love the thrill and all the feels I got from following this trilogy! It is just too bad that not many people knows about this trilogy because I'm sure that those who read this would definitely be in love with them. Well, what trilogy is that?

THE INVASION TRILOGY by Jessica Frances

#1 EARTH


AMAZON ADD TO GOODREADS

"The world as we know it is ending."
(Chapter II, Earth)

The first book already made a total mess with my mind! All the feels that I got from reading this were just... epic! The thrill, the suffocating feel, the crying, the tension, the heartbreak, the romance, THE CLIFFHANGER. God, I remembered internally screaming at the top of my lungs once I read the last page because there was no way in hell I could sleep after everything that happened in that first book. 

Synopsis
Earth is being invaded. There was no warning and no time to stage any kind of defence. Instead countries started to go silent. They were no longer reachable and no one knew what was happening. So when Canada went dark; everyone knew America would be next. 

My name is Matilda, but everyone calls me Mattie. I was at college in Oregon when the attack began. By the time Canada went quiet, we’d had enough. So two of my friends and I decided to join the fight in Vancouver and find out what was really happening. That is when everything changed. What we found was death, destruction and machines that were slaughtering humans. There would be no escape for us; no place to go where the machines couldn't reach us. I had no future, but then I met him. 

My name is Marduke and I’m part of the reason Earth is being invaded. I’m from a different planet and even though I look human, I’m not. But when Earth was invaded, I began running from my family and running for my life. Then she saved me. She made me feel something I’d never felt before. She saved my life and opened my heart to the possibility of love, she changed me forever. 

What are the chances of finding your true love right when the world is ending? What kind of cruel fate places them together under those circumstances? What is she supposed to do when he tells her he is not from Earth? When she finds out that he is one of the invaders? 
What does she do when she finds out everything she thought she knew was wrong? 
What does he do when he has to make a choice between protecting her and saving himself? 
How can they overcome everything standing in their way? 

Me saying... 
"...I finished the rest 90% in one sitting because apparently after the invasion kicked in, I just COULD NOT PUT IT DOWN! Seriously. Ms. Frances brought up the invasion as the main topic and she did it awesomely because it’s just so well-built, the invasion, background story of the Oden. They’re all so well-thought. Even me as a romance-sucker ―who’s basically been focusing only on romance side in just every book, this time also felt intrigued by the non-romance part as much as the romance ones."

#2, ROTH



“I want to go home, Marduke. I want to go to Earth. Can you promise me that?”
(Chapter V, Roth)

Yep, this is me being a tease! :p
The second book is where the real ugly crying begins... When I thought I was already blown away too much by Earth, Roth came and topped all of my expectations! I was totally enchanted and felt like could not see past the reader I gripped tightly in my hands for hours after reading it. Seriously, this is probably the best sequel I've ever read in my entire life...

Synopsis
I was taken and left for dead on a planet far from Earth. My new nightmare is called Roth. 
I have only Hank for an ally here and a burning rage that builds higher with each passing day. 
But we have a plan.
One that will hopefully give humans back the Earth.
One that will ensure I get revenge for what was taken from me.
I will stop at nothing to get Earth back.
I am willing to die for this.

I made a mistake. 
I sent Mattie away from Earth and now she is in more danger than she ever was there.
The threat to her life doesn't just come from my people, but from humans as well.
I have to find her. 
She needs to know there is more at risk than just her life. 
She carries a secret, one that would lead to our deaths if anyone found out.
If we want a future together, then we need to escape Roth and leave the war and everyone behind.

What happens when their plan begins to fail? 
What will they do when a new threat presents itself, one more dangerous than anything they have ever faced before?
Will Mattie be able to survive the loss she is forced to endure?
Will Marduke be able to protect her from not only his people and hers, but also from herself?
Is there still a way to save Earth?
Is there even a way to save each other?
Or will humans fall? 
Will Earth be lost to them forever?


Me saying... 
"Today, I proudly confirmed that Roth has gracefully topped ALL my expectation as the second book of Invasion Trilogy!
GOD! I had a great time with the first book. Earth had successfully taken me into a mind-blowing roller-coaster ride and in the end it left me speechless and craving for more. But ROTH, people, ROTH is marvelous! It’s amazing! It’s everything I’ve never read! It… blew my mind! Every part of it!"

#3, ODEN

AMAZON ADD TO GOODREADS


“You’re too forgiving. Why don’t you hate me?” 
“Because I love you and I know you are kind and brave. You’re a good man, no matter your species or what your family is like.”
(Chapter II, Oden)

If you think I'll write a little something here to let you know how I feel about this third book, you're wrong. Because, how in the world could I write a condition like this?

Well, nuff said, I guess.

Synopsis
Mattie:
A war is coming.
It will not be an Earth bound battle yet humans will have to fight for their survival.
This is no longer about fighting to take our planet back, this is a fight for our society, our way of life.
However I will not be fighting in this war, I have another I must battle against, to stop him and keep myself, Marduke and our child safe and out of his clutches. I will do anything to protect my family from this evil maniac.
Jeprow doesn't know of human’s strengths. He doesn't know how resourceful we are. How brave and cunning and smart we can be.
He thinks he’s already won and the battle between us is over, but he has no idea who he’s messing with.


Marduke:
Oden is under attack and suddenly there is more at risk than just my own life. Mattie and our baby now rely on me and I can’t let them down
My new family is trapped in a warzone and I must protect them.
But I must still protect my people, my family’s legacy and the leadership that holds it all together.
If we lose this war, then the humans lose as well. 
We are in this fight together and the losses on both sides will be many.
Never before have I been under such pressure, never before has the risk of failure been so high.

What happens when they end up sacrificing more than they ever intended, if they lose who they are and what they are fighting for?
Can they move on from all they have lost, forgive each other for what they have been forced to do?
Most importantly, can they ever learn to forgive themselves?
Who will win the war and who loses everything?

Me saying... 
"It felt bittersweet to close the last page of Oden. The Invasion Trilogy is the best fantasy trilogy I’ve ever read my whole life. This one is perfection. Every scene is vivid picture in my mind until now. I personally think everything in Earth, Roth, and Oden are materials worth to be made into movies because just by reading them I could feel such real feeling of suspenseful, scared, grief, and so on. Imagine what it’d feel like seeing them as moving-images. Jessica Frances might be a new author for me but she quickly becomes my best favorite author. I wish to read more sci-fi books from her in the future…
Ahh… how to end this without igniting melancholic situation? LOL!
Read this trilogy, people! Trust me: you don’t want to skip this trilogy. I’m serious, really. I’m not going to say anything anymore.
Just read the book and you can thank me later."

***
Well, so there's that! My recommendation for your weekend read this time. I know I'm not good in convincing people but maybe what I wrote there with all the little teases from my reviews would convince you to read this trilogy. I really really love this trilogy and it's like my habit to get as many people as possible to read books that I deeply love.
So, pals, let me know if you're interested in reading this book! Or maybe you've already read it? Then let's discuss this trilogy with me! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment