February 14, 2015

Book Review: Losing Hope (Hopeless #2) by Colleen Hoover

Losing Hope (Hopeless, #2)
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Get a copy here!
OH-MY-GOODNESS!!!
Colleen Hoover is utterly amazing! This book OMG, this book!!


I super love her for writing Losing Hope! Seriously. Well, I told you about how I feel about the first book of this series on my previous review of Hopeless. I really wanted to love that book but sadly due to the issue that was brought up on the book, Hopeless didn’t become my favorite. But Colleen! God, Colleen is my forever favorite author and I know she would never let me down and DAMNIT she proved it again this time!!!

A lot of author nowadays decided to rewrite their books into the whole new book with different POV of the main characters. But only little of them could hit it like Colleen. What Colleen did was she brought us into an angle where we could perceive the story in completely different way to deepen our understanding of the whole issues inside. She did more than just rewrite them with different POV! I could not be more thankful that Colleen decided to write Losing Hope. It feels like she knew that there are people (like me) who really wants to love Holder and Sky but can’t do that because of the discomfort we feel caused by the certain issue inside the book so she presented this book to show us the different way to understand it all.

From Holder’s POV I felt more at ease while reading the whole story. I used to think that Holder showed a lot of non-sense acts to Sky during Hopeless and I’m glad it wasn’t like that at all now that everything was explained here. The scenes were all so freshened up. I caught myself laughing a lot while reading this –thanks to Daniel! And Holder and Sky’s moments here were way way sweeter knowing what Holder thought of her all those times. I totally fell in love with Dean Holder here. He’s real gentleman and even though he’s been through a lot of worst things in his life, he could always manage to find his own way to fix the scar while keeping his faith and giving his never-ending patience to those whom he loves in life despite the scar they’d left him with in the first place. In fact, his love grew even deeper and he loved them more fiercely.
“In order to miss someone, that means you were privileged enough to have them in your life to begin with.”

-Dean Holder- 
I love every single letter he wrote to Les here… even though most of the times it looked harsh but it was just his way of accepting Les’s decision. I swear I cried like a newborn baby when I read Les’ letter. It was just so heartbreaking yet relieving in the same time. And then again when I read Holder’s last letter to Les… God, his love for Les was all over the place. His every word was so damn beautiful.
“F*ck all the firsts, Sky.

The only thing that matters to me with you are the forevers.”

-Dean Holder-
His constant understanding toward Sky was over the top. I found myself fell deeper and deeper to him pages to pages. I kept wondering why I couldn’t see this side of him in 
Hopeless
. Well again, it’s all about the angle. Losing Hope has an angle where I could understand the whole story way much better than those of Hopeless. I am really glad I told myself to read this book anyway despite what I felt during Hopeless.
So, to those who find themselves not liking Hopeless 
please please please 
hear me out: I DO RECOMMEND YOU TO READ LOSING HOPE THIS INSTANT. You’ll definitely love Holder and Sky and their story here. In fact, you’ll regret it if you already read Hopeless but you don’t read this book, trust me.

Love, read, and review,
Cynthia D.

0 comments:

Post a Comment