February 9, 2015

Book Review: Point of Retreat (Slammed #2) by Colleen Hoover

Point of Retreat (Slammed, #2)
My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Get a copy here!

“Sometimes two people have to fall apart, to realize how much they need to fall back together”

THOUSANDS BUTTERFLYING BEMAZING STARS FOR THIS BOOK!!
God, oh God, my emotion for Layken and Will here is ALL OVER the place. I finished this book in one sitting past midnight and seriously cried non-stop from chapter sixth to the last page. I was so so happy that there are two more books for this couple but I just don’t expect there will be conflict between them (duh, of course, there will be, if there’s no conflict sure there’s no story to tell…). But then the long suffering really worth it, the ending was epic! 

Now that Layken and Will finally found their way to be together, this couple was faced with another bitter reality on their life. Last few years had been a long storm going. Layken with Kel ended up having the same life as those they’ve been seeing of Will’s and Caulder’s. And now four of them were sailing on the same boat, they’re more than ready to fight the possible storm and rough waves coming on their way in the future. But when the little rock from the past hit their boat, Layken and Will never thought that it would affect their future plan… and moreover, left Layken to second-guessing everything between them. In the end, they were reminded that in a relationship it was not always just fighting the storm together, but it was also about holding each other hand while fighting the storm together.

Well, this might be the shortest synopsis I ever wrote. I tried my best not to spoil much because in case someone who hasn’t read Slammed come across this review, then they won’t find out much about what happened in Slammed.
So, I finished this book in one sitting as well (just like Slammed!) and I am really proud about this fact because I think I’m getting better in increasing my reading speed because of this series. In this book, Colleen tested Layken and Will’s love once again through so many hurdles. One thing from Will’s past finally made its way between them. I liked that the conflict was not entirely focusing on that something; it was more like internal conflict between them. Here, Will’s love was proved to be stronger than it seemed. Just made me fall deeper for him… and that journal Will wrote every day… oh God, is there any other guy who’s as romantic as Will Cooper? I loved every piece, but here is my favorite:
Tuesday, January 24th, 2012


The heart of a man

Is no heart at all

If his heart isn’t loved by a woman.

The heart of a woman
Is no heart at all
If her heart isn’t loving a man.
But the heart of a man and a woman in love
Can be worse than not having a heart
Because at least if you have no heart at all
It can’t die when it breaks apart.
-Will Cooper-
I feel like hugging him in my arms when I read this…

What I liked best from this book is the appearance of other characters that very interesting. Beside Kel and Caulder (who hooked me up with their funny personality ever since book 1), there was their friend, Kiersten, who’s so witty just like Eddie, Layken’s best friend. Just look what this little girl said to Gavin about life:
“Sometimes things happen in life that you didn’t plan for. All you can do now is suck it up and start mapping out a new plan. ”
Isn’t it just so butterflying awesome?! :)
And a little advice from Will’s grandma is the best advice every guy could ever ask for:
“A guy can tell a girl he’s in love with her until he’s blue in the face.


Words don’t mean anything to a woman when her head’s full of doubt.

You have to show her.”
Oh, I just loved every one in this book!
During the first 5 chapters, the story ran smoothly and I laughed all the time while reading it. Seeing how Layken and Will played the role parents to Kel and Caulder was so damn interesting. And then the conflict came along… with a heartbreaking climax… Colleen just made me put Layken and Will on my ever after favorite book couples!
This series is seriously amazing! Hell, I think this is the best YA romance book for young couple out there. Like I said, this story is so realistic and would be a great reference about what to do for those who think they are about to have such true love in young age (or just everyone who think they are about to have true love in their life). I loved this series so freaking much. I just can’t wait to read what Colleen is going to present on book 3... 

Love, read, and review,
Cynthia D.

0 comments:

Post a Comment